I have since changed my mind about not voting. The first reason is Romney sat down and talked with Billy Graham. Billy Graham is someone who I highly respect. The second reason is that Romney tend to support Israel. In NIV Bible Genesis 12: 2 -3 2 I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you. The Bible is making a reference about Israel. The decision is yours get out and help make a change VOTE!
- Billy Graham Takes Full-Page Ad in Ohio Newspaper to Back Mitt Romney (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Rev. Billy Graham goes political, backs Mitt Romney (conservativeread.com)
- Billy Graham speaks with his own voice, son Franklin says (charlotteobserver.com)
- Billy Graham’s Full Page Ad in the NY Times Urges Followers to Vote Against Abortion, Gay Marriage (crooksandliars.com)
- After Romney Meeting, Billy Graham Buying Election Ads (wibw.com)
- Has Billy Graham Suddenly Turned Political? (christianitytoday.com)
- My Take: Billy Graham and Ralph Reed are putting politics before God (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Billy Graham faces backlash over Mormon ‘cult’ removal – Articles (religionnews.com)
- Romney backed by evangelist Billy Graham (bigpondnews.com)
- Billy Graham’s decision to endorse Romney is his own, son says (kansascity.com)
People seek happiness in other people, jobs, money, the government and other worldly things. The only true happiness is in Jesus. We have to choose to be happy everyday. Psalm 37:4 (NIV) says “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” There is song called “Happiness is the Lord” and real joy is only found in Jesus.
There is another song about choosing to be happy. Are we going to be happy today? I know I will and choose to praise Jesus.
- The Day Jesus Sang (brokenbelievers.com)
- He Will Hear You (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- I shall not die, but live! (iwanttobelieveingod.com)
- “Having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” 1 Timothy 4:8 (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ August 6, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper: “THE SECRET OF INVINCIBLE JOY” (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- 10 things Jesus wants you to know about worry and anxiety… (followingthetruth.com)
- Love ♥ (chasingafterjesus.wordpress.com)
I’ve been watching Coriolanus. I haven’t seen the ending, but the movie is amazing, and very relevant to our day.
Corialanus-official UK trailer
I think of the many soldiers who fought and died for this country, only to find themselves or their children enslaved by the big government, and the big corporations. What if they were to turn on us, as Rome found Coriolanus at her throat, when she had spurned him?
If you have read this blog, then you may recall that I was musing on the lovely speech of one of my companies big bosses…..someone that I referred to as “D.” You may recall my dark fantasy of Batman swooping in and pummeling the guy to a pulp.
Something struck me, today. I recall him saying a line, “Don’t ever let anyone tell you that I don’t care.” But nearly all of us that work for him knows that he doesn’t care. I can point to too many of his actions….they are the actions of a man who doesn’t care for his workers. Who has no concern for his soldiers. As Emerson said, “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.”
And as I thought of this master of mine, telling me how benevolent he is, how kind he is, how…..merciful he is…..I realized that I had heard this before…..
Am I not merciful
Yes….in the end, the petty dictators of today….they are so very much like the powerful tyrants of yesterday. I wonder which one is really worse……?
Something to believe in-Brett Michaels
On July 4, 1776 the Declaration of Independence was signed by congress and the US celebrates this day as federal holiday. Our founding fathers believed in freedom. They wanted life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The founding fathers believed in God.
James Madison, our fourth president is known as the Father of our Constitution. He made the following statement, “We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.” Exodus 20:1:26 (NIV) has the ten commandments:
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything.
3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.
God can only save America, not Romney or Obama.
Here is video of Gaither’s singing “America The Beautiful” .
- July 4th flashback: Ronald Reagan’s 1986 address to the nation (theblaze.com)
- Happy Birthday America (incaunipocrit.wordpress.com)
- Not All Independence is Created Equal (gentlereformation.org)
- God Bless America (archny.org)
- The Nations That God Has Made (creationscience4kids.com)
- Self-Reliance in America (realtyexpress.wordpress.com)
- Freedom 2012 (righttruth.typepad.com)
- July 4th 2012 – Celebrating Our Independence (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- : Honoring the USA on Independence Day (cornhusker4palin.newsvine.com)
John 11:9 -10 (NIV) passage: 9 Jesus answered “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? A man who walks by day will not stumble, for he sees by this world’s light. 10 It is when he walks by night that he stumbles, for he has no light.”
When we get to heaven there will no more night, because Jesus is light. There is song by David Phelps “No More Night” it is about how God will make all things new no more night, no more pain, no more tears…we will live in light of the risen Lamb.
The pains of this world, the schemes of our dark rulers, the griefs that bind us in the chains of despair, all of these things will be passed away. They will be purged away in the glorious fire of His Love. And we shall see, at last, not the two-faced thugs that pretend to be our leaders, but the true Face of that Love that will finally lead us home.
- The Longest Day of the Year (myintrinsichealth.com)
- Summer Solstice: 8 Sunny Ways to Celebrate (livescience.com)
- Celebrating summer solstice (lfpress.com)
- The Summer Solstice arrives tomorrow! But what is it? (fox41blogs.typepad.com)
- “You are the salt of the earth and the light of the world” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Summer Solstice Brings Changing Seasons Wednesday (space.com)
- Harness The Power Of The Summer Solstice (openspacesfengshui.com)
- Tag – you’re it! (mysacredobsession.wordpress.com)
- What is the Summer Solstice and why does the hottest day occur after it? (valleywx.com)
- Luminosity (brokenbelievers.com)
- The Wilderness Mind Summer Solstice Event at Angels Gate Cultural Center (losangelesartresource.wordpress.com)
- Stonehenge summer solstice (ebookers.com)
- No Plans For The Summer Solstice? Gravel & Gold Is Here To Help! (refinery29.com)
- Earliest sunrises before summer solstice, plus Jupiter and Venus (earthsky.org)
This morning, as I relax and enjoy Father’s Day, I thought I’d share this website. I found out about it from reading Kiyosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad). In my desperation to find another job, I still realize that there are some things I really don’t have the luxury of ignoring.
My dad died at young age, he was only 59. Pastor Billy Joe Daugherty passed away at 57. One of my co workers husband passed away last Friday at 55. I do not know why these happen to fathers at such a young age, but God knows why. 1 John 3:20 (NIV) says: For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. I just hope that I can make my Heavenly Father as proud as I made my earthly Father. I would like to honor my dad and Jesus by song Amy Grant written “My Father’s Eyes“.
If you do not have a dad, honor Jesus your Heavenly Father today.
- Learning Fatherhood From the Father of Fatherhood (toddlohenry.com)
- The Father’s Heart (livingmoreabundantly.wordpress.com)
- “His mother kept all these things in her heart” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Father; Earthly and Heavenly (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- How Can I Know Jesus? (ptl2010.com)
- Return of the Prodigal Son: Meet the Father (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- God Keeps His Promise (amp1fy.wordpress.com)
- Killing of Children (12itisfinished.wordpress.com)
- How to Stop Confusing God With Your Earthly Father (cherilynclough.com)
- Edifier du Jour: 1 John 3:16-18(NIV) (markbyron.typepad.com)
I don’t have much to say, currently. I’ve intensified my job search. So here are a couple of random things that may warm your heart, while they leave your mind in confusion.
Some may not get this next one….I mainly just love the intro with Orson Wells. It’s like something I would want to have heard from my own father….or something that I would love to tell my own son…..
Manowar-Defender (original version)
Father! Father! Father!
This letter ends my search.
I’ll live your dream.
Now passed on to me.
In my version of the song, civilization has fallen, and a Defender needs to arise to save the innocent from the dark deeds of the foul fiends that have corrupted and darkened our world. The Corporation shall not always have its say. And the downtrodden of the world will one day find a Champion that will avenge them. The blood of the saints will not be forgotten. precious in God’s sight is the blood of His saints.
- Creflo Dollar family needs prayer (noxforchristmas.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Bill Maher Fights Birthers With ‘Wifers’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maher responds to ‘birther’ controversy with new conspiracy: ‘Wiferism’ (rawstory.com)
- Bill Maher Counters Birthers By Creating Mitt Romney ‘Wifer’ Controversy (mediaite.com)
- WATCH: Bill Maher Mocks Birthers BY Launching His Own ‘Wifer’ Movement (businessinsider.com)
- Orson Welles on the Art of Acting: ‘There is a Villain in Each of Us’ (openculture.com)
- Bill Maher Takes a Shot at the Birthers With Parody on Romney’s ‘Wiferism’ Scandal (crooksandliars.com)
- Orson Welles’ Last Interview and Final Moments Captured on Film (openculture.com)
- Bill Maher satirizes Birthers… this is FUNNY! (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Orson Welles on the Art of Acting: ‘There is a Villain in Each of Us’ | Open Culture (mikedaisey.blogspot.com)
- Venditti Brings Ninjak to “X-O Manowar” (comicbookresources.com)
- Marketing…?? (linkedshop.wordpress.com)
- Their First Breakfast (wordsonehundred.wordpress.com)
- “Truly, I am a marionette and he is a master puppeteer.” (lucysfootball.com)
- huh….. (lieshurtmysanity.wordpress.com)
- Monday Huh? Mid-Afternoon Mental Moment (runningnakedwithscissors.wordpress.com)
This is for Bitter Clinger, Jeff, and anyone else that had abusive fathers. This song came out when I was trying to reconcile with my father. He never said these things to me, but the song describes how I felt perfectly. Nowadays, I don’t really feel much of anything about it all. I simply survive each day. And try to live in a way that my son won’t ever feel that way.
Genesis No Son of Mine
This song reflects the relation between a sad broken man, and a God that, He hopes, loves him….I first heard it on my first Christmas Eve in my current position. Bitter Clinger and Jeff both can appreciate….a very tired man, beat up by the job, beat up by the holiday that everyone else gets to enjoy, but we barely do….and this song was on the radio just as I pulled in the garage to see my little (two years old, at the time) son…..
My Father’s Chair- by David Meece
- Jesus died for our sins…Now He lives (noxforchristmas.wordpress.com)
- Creflo Dollar family needs prayer (noxforchristmas.wordpress.com)
- 25 Years Ago Today (minx.cc)
- Father’s Day Celebration Sale (designsbymakedaculleyny.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Father’s Day Cards (goldapete.wordpress.com)
- Sons (openingmymouth.wordpress.com)
- Passages Malibu CEO Pax Prentiss Shares His Father’s Day Advice for National Men’s Health Week (prweb.com)
- Reprise: No fathers, just memories (whatsnottolaugh.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day (trendythriftynow.com)
- Speech from a father quinceanera (austinerdmann1.typepad.com)
- Don’t be a slave to God (bound4grace.wordpress.com)
- Fathers Have More Fun (greatergood.berkeley.edu)