Oh where are Ron Paul delegates? (To the tune of Veggietales “Hairbrush.”)
There’s a glitch on the IRS “where’s my refund” site. Personally, I think that the whole system is one ginormous glitch, but then, nobody really asked me. The USSR used to believe that the IRS was the real American version of the KGB. Maybe the IRS is down because their trying to recount Maine and Nevada caucus votes.
I won’t rehash how the Republican elite is trying to steal a couple of states from Ron Paul. Other big media pundits have done that job, and I will link to some of those in my “related articles” section. (Hopefully the picture won’t be covering them this time…..)
I’ve been going more or less in order in my series on the five reasons why Ron Paul can save America. I believe I need to keep running with this. I’ll make this post largely about his foreign policy, and then do about three posts about protecting the boarders.
1. Ron Paul is accused of being against Israel. That is patently false and demonstrably untrue.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122:6
I was talking to some of my friends at work today, and I mentioned that I was supporting Ron Paul. And, predictably enough, one of my friends popped off with “Oh, Ron Paul is just crazy!” I didn’t challenge him. I just dove into another topic like the coward that I am. But the media has done a fantastic job of selling Ron Paul as the crazy person, the stupid buffoon. Perhaps that’s why I identify with him.
If you ask most people why they don’t like Ron Paul, they’ll tell you he would just let Israel (or America for that matter) just get nuked, and not retaliate. This is solid and rank b….alderdash……
So, let’s see….the Israelis bomb an Iraqi atomic plant back to the stone age in 1981. All the peaceniks are screaming. “Israel had no right to do that! How dare they!!!!!!”
Now, who was the one voice that wasn’t lifted in outrage? Why, our wicked non interventionist, Ron Paul. He felt that Israel had a right to defend herself. That doesn’t sound like the milquetoast he is billed as.
2. We are told that he is pro Iran, and that he’d not lift a finger to defend us against Iranian attack.
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should therefore be hushed. A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could hardly be propagated. If the doctrine be admitted, rulers have only to declare war and they are screened at once from scrutiny. -William Ellery, signer of the Declaration of Independence
Because Ron Paul has been critical of the many wars we are waging, many people have made ad hominem attacks against him as being anti-American, or that he is a pacifist.
One of the most intelligent articles I have found against him (yes, I sometimes seek out information to prove myself wrong….I’ve never been fond of anti-intellectualism), is on the site, American Thinker.
It accuses him of “unbelievable ignorance” during the debate when he is asked if a nuclear Iran was a threat to us. He may not have given the best answer (I often wish Ron Paul was a better debater), but I don’t see the ignorance of his answer. As I’ve cited in previous posts, we give seven times the foreign aid to Israeli enemies. Maybe if we quit propping up their opponents, Israel will be able to deal with her enemies as she has done for about forty years. And, as I cited above, when Israel dealt with Iraq in 1981, Ron Paul supported their action. Very few politicians did at the time.
The article asks “who declared war on the 1.2 billion Muslims?” Perhaps the writer of this article is ignorant of the 1953 CIA intervention that deposed the democratically elected leader, and set up the Shah? Look, I’m not even remotely saying that the hatred many Muslim’s feel for us is justified, but it is there. And I think it the height of ignorance to ignore that hatred. Non-intervention is not ignoring problems until they go away.Which brings us to….
3. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have gone on for far too long.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.- George Washington
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves.- William Pitt
I won’t belabor this one too much. I was listening to Jerry Doyle today. He played the spot where the pundit made fun of Ron Paul for his answer to “What would you say to Castro if he called you?” The answer, “I’d ask him what he was calling about!” was meant to be funny, but of course the media just laughed at Paul for his willingness to talk to enemies. But the US is now talking to the Taliban!
Sometimes I wonder why we even fought the war. Jerry Doyle was talking to Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer. I’m running out of time, but I’ll cite something he referenced, and leave you with a couple of videos that I hope will be pertinent.
Truth, lies, and Afghanistan.
Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer on Alex Jones Tv: 2/3 able danger and DIA prior knowledge of 9/11
- Ron Paul’s foreign policy vs media insanity (noxforchristmas.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Ceiling ??? (teapartywpbfl.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Ceiling ??? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Maine Caucuses: Counties Ron Paul Won Were Ignored, Omitted From Final Count – More evidence emerges of vote fraud to prevent Ron Paul winning (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul’s delegate strategy targets the unbound (cbsnews.com)
- Ron Paul: Uniting All People! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Maddow Proof Ron Paul Was Robbed In Maine.avi (tatoott1009.com)
- What if Santorum Wins Michigan? (whitehouse12.com)
- Rachel Maddow and Doug Wead Explain Ron Paul’s Delegate Strategy (notesandobservations.me)
- Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP â And It’s Driving People Insane Read more (tatoott1009.com)
- Ramesh Ponnuru, Ron Paul, and the Gold Standard (wallstreetpit.com)
- Ron Paul’s Stealth Campaign (thedailybeast.com)
- Ron Paul Might Have Won Maine, After All (slog.thestranger.com)
- IVN: Ron Paul Could Lead in Delegate Count (kymbays.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul: His Opponents Don’t Even Know They’ve Been Beaten (reason.com)
- Corruption of Maine Republican Party Establishment Leadership By Mitt Romney–The Flip-Flopper Flips Off Maine’s Voters–Videos (raymondpronk.wordpress.com)
- IRS has trouble with e-file system (sfgate.com)
- Where’s My Refund: IRS Web Tool Down, Deactivated (ibtimes.com)